The One True God!
1. What did Jesus say was the essence of eternal life? John 17:3
The Bible is clear on this subject… There is only one true God! There is much confusion in the religious world over this subject, but the confusion does not come from God’s Holy Word! The Bible does not teach any of the erroneous theories that are out there, but rather they come from different traditions and mythologies. This lesson is dedicated to what the Bible says and knowing not only the truth about God, but knowing the only true God, and His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ!
2. What was the basis and foundation of the Old Testament religion? Deuteronomy 6:4
3. What did Jesus teach his followers about the first and most important of all the commandments? Mark 12:29
The previous two questions make it plain that the Old and New Testaments are in perfect agreement on this subject!
4. How did the Scribe answer Jesus teaching in verse 32? Mark 12:32
The Scribes were the Jewish leaders that were in charge of interpreting, transcribing, and teaching the Scriptures. This exchange between Jesus and the Scribe lets us know that they were in agreement about this important Bible verse. The Jews understood that there was but one God, and “there is none other but he:”
5. Do we know God’s name? Exodus 6:3
6. How did David call upon the name of the Lord? Psalm 83:18
It is true that there are many, many names for the Lord God in our Bibles, but it is also known what His actual proper name is. Jehovah means “the existing One.” The Bible tells us that the ancient people would not even say this name out loud, and that the angels always veil their faces when this name is spoken!
8. What other important title is God know by? Malachi 2:10
God has revealed Himself to us as the Father, He is the Father of Jesus, and that is very important, but He comes to us as our Heavenly Father. Malachi tells us that we have but one Father, or one God, and that He is the One who Created us!
9. How did the Apostle Paul reckon the one-ness of God? Romans 3:30
10. Who did He identify as the One True God? Ephesians 4:6
11. Again, He identifies the Father as the One True God, but who is the go between God and man? 1 Timothy 2:5
The Bible identifies Jesus, the man, as the mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5, Hebrews 8:6; 9:15 & 12:24). He is also referred to as our Intercessor (Romans 8:34 & Hebrews 7:25), and our Advocate (1 John 2:1), and our Comforter (John 14:16; 15:26 & 16:7).
12. How does Paul refer to God when talking about this Mediator in Galatians 3:20?
13. How many Gods are there according to James 2:19?
James says that even the devils believe and tremble when considering the true God of the Bible! Of course, we know that they were once angels in Heaven, and therefore they don’t just believe, but they know that there is only one God! They lived with Him and have seen Him face to face.
14. Whom does Paul tell us the one true God is in 1 Corinthians 8:6, the first part?
15. And Who is the Lord that represents that true God? 1 Corinthians 8:6, the last part?
There are 13 Bible verses that mention “God the Father.” There are no Bible verses that say: “God the Son,” or “God the Holy Spirit,” or “God the Holy Ghost.” Those terms do not exist in God’s Holy Word! The Bible is consistent: It says that there is only one God, but it almost always goes on to say something about His only begotten Son. The Bible speaks of the “Son of God” and the “Holy Spirit of God” so that in reality, all three of these terms acknowledge the fact that the Almighty, or Highest is God the Father!
THE FATHER IS GOD!
JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD!!
AND THE SPIRIT IS THE SPIRIT OF GOD!!!
16. How did Paul close his letter to the Ephesians in Ephesians 6:23?
It is amazing to consider this salutation by the Apostle Paul. It identifies God (the Father) and the Lord Jesus Christ as the objects of their attention, and it is not just once or twice that some form of this salutation is used by the writers of the New Testament! 20 of the 22 epistles that make up most of the New Testament books have this same salutation at the beginning, or the end, or both! All 20 have them at the beginning of the letter as a greeting, and 8 of them have a salutation at the end of their letter that is almost word for word!
17. How does the Revelation use a similar way of identifying God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ? Revelation 21:22
20. Who exalted Jesus above every other being in the universe? 1 Corinthians 15:27 (first part)
21. Who is the exception to this statement? 1 Corinthians 15:27 (last part)
22. When everything is completed (ended), to whom will Jesus deliver up the kingdom to? 1 Corinthians 15:24
Jesus has been working to build up the Kingdom of God, and when it is completed, it will be delivered by Jesus back to His Father! We should remember it has always been the Kingdom of God
After Jesus has subdued all the kingdoms of this world, and taken all rule, authority, and power… He delivers the kingdom to His Father that God may be all in all! The one true and living God is Jehovah!